I planned to do inktober last year,I just never got past the thinking about it stage. This year, I am determined. Who needs sleep? I am planning out my prompts now, and although I may not have time to do one each day, I will have moments where I can catch up. (For instance, the first week of inktober is work, work, work with a couple of hours to get my stuff turned around, for work, personal hygiene and food.)
The reason why I am going to push myself to take part is I really want to get out of my comfort zone. I want to draw better people and houses. I always want to use colours. I struggle to do notan sketches because i think of tone as being three things. My typography/writing never looks as good as i want it. I also want to fill a sketch book. Something i have rarely ever done, and yet I have loads of sketch books. (I am shopping my stash for this challenge!)
My personal rules:
- do 31 drawings in October
What I’m using.
- Platinum Carbon Ink
- Speedry Magic Colour Acrylic Ink
- Higgins Eternal
- Noodlers Ink Black
- Kuratake zig mangaka flexible. fine
- Tombow Calligraphy pen
- Pilot Vpen (disposable fountain pen)
- Tombow ABT. N15
- Promarker lamp. black
- Lamy Safari foundation pen (currently with noodlers black ink)
- Various pen holder
- Various nibs
Note: I taught a couple of sessions on calligraphy and my mum decided she didn’t want her nibs anymore which is why I have such an excess.. I needed. enough for 25 people to have one each.
- Schmincke Aqua-glaze
- QOR Synthetic Ox Gal
- Frisk Artists Pink Mask
- Windsor and Newton black watercolor. (It’s so old its not labeled with the exact colour)
- Fine Tech. Pearl Colours The original
- Wax candles. – for resist
- Daler Rowney Bristol Board A3
- Daler Rowney. Heavy Weight Cartridge A3
Sundries and the things I forgot earlier:
- Pencil sharpener
- Feather dip pen
And now to get cracking!
Love seeing big closeups of your supplies!
Thanks! I’m glad my lack of background wasn’t off putting 🙂